In the past 20 years, Warren Buffett has become a household name through appearances on TV and interviews in magazines. Simplifying complex ideas around investment strategies or smart ways to save and make money have become synonymous with his name and based on his long-term success and principals, Stringfellow has aligned our investment strategy closely. Below we have shared his top 10 quotes on life.
1. “The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect. You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd.”
2. “Successful Investing takes time, discipline and patience. No matter how great the talent or effort, some things just take time: You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.”
3. “I don’t look to jump over seven-foot bars; I look around for one-foot bars that I can step over.”
4. “In the short term, the market is a popularity contest. In the long term, the market is a weighing machine.”
5. “Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains gold, put out the bucket, not the thimble”
6. “Diversification is a protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense for those who know what they’re doing.”
7. “If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes. Put together a portfolio of companies whose aggregate earnings march upward over the years, and so also will the portfolio’s market value.”
8. “The key to investing is not assessing how much an industry is going to affect society, or how much it will grow, but rather determining the competitive advantage of any given company and, above all, the durability of that advantage.”
9. “I am a better investor because I am a businessman, and a better businessman because I am an investor.”
10. “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.” en it is marked down.”
Enjoyed These? Read more
STRINGFELLOW | MULTIMEDIA
Are you covered and set up for retirement?
Do you need a retirement fund? The simple answer is yes. But knowing how much to you’ll need can be tricky. If you haven’t started your retirement funding, Stringfellow offers a wide range of solutions and will custom build your solution. If you would like advice on retirement or investment opportunities, please do not hesitate to contact the Stringfellow team. We’re here to help.