In the past 20 years, Warren Buffett has become a household name through appearances on TV and interviews in magazines. Simplifying complex ideas around investment strategies or smart ways to save and make money have become synonymous with his name and based on his long-term success and principals, Stringfellow has aligned our investment strategy closely. Below we have shared his top 10 quotes on life.
1. “You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
2. “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be a more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”
3. “It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results.”
4. “What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history.”
5. “Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.”
6. “There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.”
7. “Nothing sedates rationality like large doses of effortless money.”
8. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
9. “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.”
10. “Long ago, Ben Graham taught me that ‘Price is what you pay; value is what you get.’ Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.”
Enjoyed These? Read more
STRINGFELLOW | MULTIMEDIA
Are you covered and set up for retirement?
Do you need a retirement fund? The simple answer is yes. But knowing how much to you’ll need can be tricky. If you haven’t started your retirement funding, Stringfellow offers a wide range of solutions and will custom build your solution. If you would like advice on retirement or investment opportunities, please do not hesitate to contact the Stringfellow team. We’re here to help.